Tis The Season

I need to do a major throwback here. I know I’ve been slacking on posting my updates over the last few months, but not much of my life has been blog worthy. Now that things are settling down now, I’m able to focus more on my health and my goals. 

I’ve been struggling to keep my goals on track because stress is the biggest killer for me. I allow myself to fall apart and turn to bad habits to fill some void that gets created under stress. 

There was one day that it all just kind of clicked and I woke up like, “Let’s do this!” There comes a day where you actually get tired of excuses, you get tired of giving into junk food, and you get tired of getting too lazy to be active anymore. There comes a day where you actually crave healthy food, you get the urge to workout and be active because you crave the feeling of satisfaction it gives you after feelings dissatisfied and discouraged for so long. Even after something clicks, not everyday is like that, but they get better one day at a time, and that’s all that matters. 

That day was a Tuesday. 


But first, I’ll throw back to Thursday (the first). 

I started my 30 Days of Yoga with Adrienne on YouTube. I love watching her videos and pushing my flexibility and my strength. One of my favorite parts of yoga is making yourself relax and move slowly. 


On Saturday (I obviously slacked on my photos) I did some grocery shopping and stocked up on more natural foods. I bought lettuce, grapes, celery, cucumbers, raw almonds, pecans, raw almond butter, asparagus, spinach, and beans. I prepped everything as soon as I got home so it would be quick to grab. That takes any and all excuses right out of the equation. As soon as I got home I  cut up and prepped my veggies into baggies to take to work or grab as a snack. 


I worked later than usual on Sunday and about halfway through my day, a migraine blindsided me. I have absolutely no idea how I survived the rest of my shift, but knowing it was money coming in, I pushed through it. I was able to stay awake for two hours after I got home, but then I went upstairs and fell asleep by 5 PM. I slept until 3 in the morning and then I was wide awake, but I needed the sleep! I got up and did my daily round of yoga around 4. 


Monday and Tuesday I stuck to a healthy breakfast to kick my day off. Monday was a grapefruit and my Shakeology. I was so excited to see grapefruits in the house! I love them, but never even think to buy them. These ones are perfect.

The next morning I started out with Cheerios, a banana, and my shake. 

I got a ton of work done from bed which hasn’t happened in a long time. It was so nice. 

Then… I did my yoga. It was literally the last thing I wanted to do. I was not feeling it at all, but I did it anyway. Sometimes you just have to push through.

I was really craving peanut butter and grapefruit later on so I went for it. 

I’m working on my cravings constantly. I wasn’t craving anything in particular, just food in general, so later on instead of going for junk food, I grabbed a bowl of frozen fruit instead. It’s so sweet so it hits the spot every time.


Later that day I ran to the store and went over to these jeans that I’ve had my eye on for a couple months now. They had the size I wear now (which is definitely not an 11), but I grabbed a smaller pair anyway. (They were half off!) I have no idea what size I’ll be able to fit into when all of my weight is gone, so I opted for a bigger size I know I’ll be able to squeeze into. I didn’t want to be unreasonable. I can hang these up, and give myself something to look forward to! 


Are you tired of breakfast photos yet? I get so busy later on in the day that I always forget to grab photos of my lunch, dinner, and snacks. I’ll work on it! I had the next day off work and I was pretty excited about that after going in for a week straight. I needed a day to have breakfast in bed and make it my work station.

I had yet to take my before photo in my jeans, so I stopped my work for a few to get that done. And… They freaking fit! I fit into an 11. Who knew…? 

I guess I’ve always been so used to being in bigger sizes, I never thought to look at any smaller ones. Needless to say, it was a pretty proud moment. 

Going from 18s and XLs to 11s and mediums is a pretty big mental change. 

Late in the morning I headed off to CVS and the grocery store. I’ve started doing my shopping at CVS  first, then grabbing whatever they don’t have from the grocery store. It’s cheaper and I get awesome coupons on my CVS app. You’ll save so much money that way! 

The snow hit right before I left and I didn’t think much of it. What I didn’t realize was just how cold it was. The entire road was black ice. Nobody was going over 15 miles per hour on the main roads. 

I swung into both stores (thankfully they’re close!) and picked up baking supplies! 

I made really awesome Dark Chocolate Christmas Cookies. They were a healthier version and made with oats and coconut oil. They’re great for a protein-packed treat. 

I did so well for a couple days. I limited my snacking, stayed away from sweets, got my steps in, drank my water, and kept my portions in check. 

Then I lost myself for about two days. I took it pretty hard, especially after I had been doing so well. 

Friday night, I completely over-indulged with pizza and I had to figure out why. I think finding the why is so important to fixing the problem. 

It didn’t take long before I realized where I had gone wrong. 

1) I slacked on my water all day. When I skip my water, I’m so much hungrier and I crave junk food a lot more.

2) I had gone about 5 hours without eating and I was starving. I let myself get too hungry while I was running around which leads to a binge. It’s so important for me to keep healthy snacks with me to avoid this happening.

These are things I most definitely need to work on. 

I started the next morning with my usual protein and fruit to get me back on track. 


Then on Saturday night Shakeer and I went to Greenfield Village to see the Holiday Lights with my mom and my grandma. 


It was way past my bedtime, it was freezing outside, and the crowd was grumpy, but we still had a great time. 



It was decorated so beautifully and it really got me in the Christmas spirit. 


It wasn’t long before we got some hot chocolate and that warmed me up really quickly. 







My mom made sure to surprise me and have Santa wish me a Merry Christmas. 


After we walked around most of the village we stopped at the cafe for dinner. I ordered the Beef Bread Bowl and it was amazing! It was super filling so I probably should have split it with someone, but at least I know for next time!


The next morning my mom and I were up early. We got some things done around the house and then got Christmas decorations put up. 


There was a huge snow storm blowing through Michigan all day so it was perfect for staying inside. Decorating for Christmas, watching the Lions kick ass, and spending the day with my mom was really great. 

If only we didn’t have so much snow to shovel…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s