I have finally gotten back into the habit of walking around my new neighborhood every single day. Whether it’s early in the morning or late in the evening, I really try to go daily. I have noticed a huge difference in myself physically and mentally since I got back into the habit. Here’s a few reasons why you should try it, too!
- Walking clears my mind: I love walking right before I jump into my work for the day. It clears all of the distractions from my mind and lets me focus on my work in peace.
- Walking helps keep my eating on track: When I walk in the morning I’m much more likely to stick to healthier options throughout the day. It’s a great way to start off the day.
- Walking put me in a better mood: Every time I come back from a nice long walk I feel more energetic, more motivated, and more confident. It always gets me in a better mood and feeling more calm and content.
- Walking lowers my stress levels: My daily walks have been making a huge difference in my stress levels. When I’m feeling really overwhelmed I love to throw on my yoga pants and tennis shoes, pop my ear buds in, and head out. When I walk under stress, my mind wanders a lot and before I know it, an hour or two has passed.
- Walking gives me time to think: Like I just mentioned, walking always makes my mind wander. It helps give me a clearer outlook on my life and it helps me do so in a more rational way.
- Walking forces me to get some fresh air: A little fresh air can do wonders for the mind and the body. Michigan has been so incredibly foggy, dreary, and cloudy lately which can definitely put a damper on anyone’s mood, but that fresh air will still make a huge difference.
- It provides routine & stability: I am a person of routine and when my routine falls apart, I do too. Walking daily has helped me build my routine. I look forward to that stability each day.